Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 7: What Does My Name Mean? Why Was I Named That Name?

My name, Tiffany, is derived from Greek origins, and means "The Appearance of God."  I'm so proud that I already knew that and actually didn't have to google it. :) I was named after one of the largest yellow diamonds ever discovered. I'm sure my parents named me after a diamond because they considered me precious. Thank goodness they didn't actually name me "Diamond," ---no offense to all the "Diamonds" out there, but I wouldn't have been cool with that.

I guess the name is appropriate because my life has many similarities to the life, or formation of a diamond.  Under much pressure, stress, and adversity, a little rough tomboy from the midwest  became the beautiful, gem of a woman I am today.

So far as "The Appearance of God," I hope that God has appeared through me (and continues to do so) in order to be a blessing vs. a burden to others.

Goodnight!





No comments:

Post a Comment