Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 5: Describe the Last Thing That Made Me Seriously Cry

Literally, it would have been "Pain Is Good's Habanero Hot Sauce," due to the fact that I had been eating it with my (Yep, you guessed it...Popeyes chicken) and then proceeded to remove my contact lenses before bed (even after washing my hands multiple times). I felt like Helen Keller in Hell! I was blind and my eyes were on fire!

But seriously. The last thing that made me seriously cry was seeing a puppy the other day that looked exactly like my dog that I had to put to sleep a few years ago. It blindsided me. She looked just like him, right down to the white toes. I started crying publicly, which I NEVER do.  I was embarrassed. 

It was like a torrential wave of emotion had come barreling down on me, and there was no way for me to escape or hide from it. I had no time to even try to regain my composure, as I had to go right to work directly  afterwards. I thought that I had completely processed it. I don't even think about him that often anymore. However, when I saw a little replica of him, the grief struck me anew.  I had raised him from 8 weeks of age. 

He was the first pet I ever had to put to sleep. It was a difficult decision, but I still feel it was the right decision.  

And that, my lovelies, was the last thing that made this lady cry. Seriously. QueBert, I miss you :(



No comments:

Post a Comment